I have 9 pear reviewed publications on my Publications List
I have a first class honours degree in Computing Science from the University of East Anglia (UEA) and in my final year, I was selected to receive a scholarship to study at PhD in the Computing School. Upon completion of my PhD at the University of East Anglia (UEA) in 2010, I undertook a part-time research facilitator position jointly between the School of Computing Sciences and the School of Biology at UEA.
I undertook a range of positions in the BioMedical Research Centre (BMRC) and Biology School at UEA looking at diseases such as Myotonic Dysthrophy and HIV.
During my time as a PhD student, I undertook various Teaching Assistant (TA) positions at UEA. The position included teaching seminars and practical lab sessions with undergraduate and postgraduate students, units included Java programming, data structures and alogorithms as well as research techniques. I undertook a short period teaching of PhD Biology students in Sweden.
Sadly not all children have access to a high quality computing education, working with Step Into Tech I hope to put my expertise to good use.
- XML data as alternative to JSON
- XLST Transforms for XML
- The 3 layer model (Data/Application/Presentation)
- Basic BioInformatics e.g. sRNA statistics, number of 21nt
- Maths Challenge Four Fours Puzzle Example 0-50
- Prime number generator e.g. Mercene prime
- Ceasers encryption +3 and ASCII codes char->code
- Encryption RSA public key to components
- Run time complexity search and sort
- Big data e.g. Genome, Population records
- Physics calculations e.g. kinetic energy
- Java in use e.g. eBay.com, LinkedIn, Amazon, AliExpress, Runescape, Minecraft, Pogo.com
- Fibonacci generator
- GCHQ challenge
- Code breaking
- WordPress Intro
- Basic HTML
- Basic CSS
- Java Intro